According to recent demographic information, an average of 63 individuals move to Wake County every single day. Additionally, the Town of Morrisville's population has grown more than 232% since 2000. As this growth continues, so too does the quality of programs and services we must offer our community.
The Morrisville Chamber of Commerce hosts Leadership Morrisville, providing a two-day intensive introduction of Morrisville and Wake County to help business executives and emerging leaders learn about the vision and challenges of our community. This interactive session will feature presentations by local leaders and provide an opportunity for current and newly relocated professionals to learn about the area quickly.
One of the biggest challenges business leaders face can be connecting themselves to the community as a whole. The sooner these individuals can connect themselves to the community, however, the greater the investment they are willing to make both to the community and within their own business or organization. In addition to learning about the inner-workings of the community, participants will also build a network of other professionals in and around the area.
Topics to be covered include:
- Health and Human Services
- Economic Development / Revitalization
- Local Government
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Local Business Climate
- Leadership Morrisville participation is open to Morrisville/Wake County residents who are members in good standing of the Morrisville Chamber of Commerce.
- Class size is limited. Only one candidate per company, per Leadership Morrisville session.
- Cost is $450 per person and includes all expenses associated with program participation.
- Participants should demonstrate leadership abilities, community involvement or interest, and the desire to expand their leadership responsibilities.
- Participants should reflect a broad cross-section of the community.
- While limited, financial assistance is available for program participation to those who qualify. Participants who need financial assistance are encouraged to request more information by contacting Sarah Gaskill. Participants who request financial assistance will be asked to submit an application to assess the level of need.
Visit our calendar of events for 2017 program information and to register.